• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get pc3000 to work, please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrsambo12

Registered
Hi,

I have a brand new IWILL XP333 Motherboard and two new sticks of OCZ pc3000 RAM. When I boot with the pc3000, in post the processor speed is always reported incorrectly, and then sometimes I get errors saying something like processor does not match whats in bios, or something like that. When I try my regular pc2100 ram everything works fine. I have tried both pc3000 seperately but still does not work. Is there some sort of special setting in bios for the pc3000? I know my MB supports pc3000. Please help, I do not want to ruin another MB!

Also, in bios under CPU clock it says 100. why is this? Shouldnt it say 133? I set the jumper on MB to 133fsb.

You have to set the cpu ratio to 133 in the bios the jumper does nothing on that board.

You should probably try cas 2.5 and normal for the memory settings and use 2.7v.

Back