• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH + AM3 Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seebs

Fronting as a Mod Member
I guess I'll ask the question here.

I bought this kit of RAM: G.Skill F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH from a member here with the intention of using it on my daily driver machine (955BE + 890FXA-UD5) so I don't have to be stuck with my crappy HyperX Blue RAM.

I gave the kit a try today and got nothing but headaches with it.
They will run 1800MHz with the Timings section set to "Auto" @11-11-11-33, but if I go from "Auto" on the timings to "Manual" and set the timings to anything other than that they won't POST.

I got them to POST once at 1600MHz / 9-9-9-27, but they failed to POST on the same settings after rebooting the PC.

Now I know that GSkill lists these kits as designed for the P55 chipset by Intel, but I've used other RAM that was "supposed" to only work with Intel and never had an issue running it with my AMD setup.

I'm not quite sure what it could be that's not letting me set them up to the speed/timings that they should be able to do; so I'm coming here to see if anyone has owned this particular kit and whether they ever got it to run on and AM3 board.

Just for reference; I'm currently running this kit Mushkin Redline 996750 and they work flawlessly at 1800MHz 7-7-6 so it's not like my motherboard/CPU aren't capable of running at those speeds timings. But these are my Hypers and I bought them for benching so they have no place in my daily driver... :D
I need to get them G.Skill sticks to behave (I'll be happy with 1800 @ 9-9-9 out of them) so I can save the Hypers for more "dangerous" situations. :D

Thanks
Sebas... :D

Not sure off the bat, but I had issues trying to do the same with sticks that ran fine on Intel, but didn't play nice on either of the 890FX boards I tried. I forget who I sold those sticks to on the forum, but at the time I had mentioned I had trouble getting my boards to even post with them, though they "worked fine" on Intel according to the previous owner I bought them from.

Sorry if I sold them to you and I'm forgetting. :)

Not sure off the bat, but I had issues trying to do the same with sticks that ran fine on Intel, but didn't play nice on either of the 890FX boards I tried. I forget who I sold those sticks to on the forum, but at the time I had mentioned I had trouble getting my boards to even post with them, though they "worked fine" on Intel according to the previous owner I bought them from.

Sorry if I sold them to you and I'm forgetting. :)

Nah... It wasn't you that I bought them from. I've been doing some Googleing and they seem to work fine on CHIVE and other 890FX boards... I guess the Jiggy board doesn't like them.

It's OK though; I'll keep them and give them a try with both SB and BD when I get those. :D

hi,

please update the latest version of BIOS and try 1800@ 9-9-9-24 again(or lower), this kit should be able to running lower timing when running 1800Mhz.

Back