• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory O.C Feedback!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FLEX312

Registered
I have 8GB (4x2GB) of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, 8-8-8-24 memory which I overclocked to 2133, 11-11-11-24. I passed MemTest86+ 12 passes which is roughly 9 hours I would say. How does it look?

Also MemTest86+ is giving me different reading then CPU-Z and BIOS? Can someone explain this to me? Thanks!

Like to add, that I seen a big difference from stock memory to my O.C memory (Go figure), I'm getting 8.230S score with Super PI MOD 1.5 from 11-12S stock. :D

Last edited:
superpi 1m isnt a great benchmark for really differentiating memory ability. superpi 1m is very responsive to mem speed and not so much latency. when you switch to superpi 32m it is very responsive to both speed and latency, but takes much longer to realize if you are helping or hurting yourself with the timings and clocks.

I would also not put too much stock into memtest as a stability test anymore. I generally use intel burn test to test cpu and memory stability, and can usually find instability much faster with it in 10-15 minutes versus hours of memtest.

I have 8GB (4x2GB) of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, 8-8-8-24 memory which I overclocked to 2133, 11-11-11-24. I passed MemTest86+ 12 passes which is roughly 9 hours I would say. How does it look?

Also MemTest86+ is giving me different reading then CPU-Z and BIOS? Can someone explain this to me? Thanks!

Like to add, that I seen a big difference from stock memory to my O.C memory (Go figure), I'm getting 8.230S score with Super PI MOD 1.5 from 11-12S stock. :D

Nice that you could reach 2133 with 1600 Vengeance but I think that you can have better performance setting something like 1866 8-9-8 or maybe even 7-9-7 ( I don't know what chips you have there ). 2133 11-11-11 will have overall performance similar to 1600 8-8-8 on SB. Your spi time difference is because of cpu speed not memory. As Dejo said compare results in 32m on the same cpu clock. Can also check transfers in AIDA64 or other tests like maxxmem.
About tests, get memtest for windows , open it 4 times ( to load in 100% 4 thread cpu like 2500K ) using max or nearly max of your memory ( system will be something near 1.5GB so you have to set about 1.6GB for each memtest ). Then if you have any problems with stability you will see really fast any errors. 2-3 passes is usually enough to check if its stable and it's running much faster than dos version. It's easy to find it , for example here.

Back