• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D memory upgrade (sig)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

Hi, I'm just wondering, can my mobo take 2x2GB of memory? Does such mem even exist for DDR400 original?

Right now I have 2x1GB + 2x512MB for 3GB total, and would like to replace the latter with 2x2GB for a total of 6GB (keep the 2x1GB I have now). I am going to get a new system, but have decided not to upgrade, I will keep this one as a server and all around computer, and I'm always at around 500MB free, which is low. I suppose even replacing the 2x512MB with 2x1GB would add 1GB and will make a difference, at least in the sense that I won't have to exit things just to load other stuff, but I would prefer more then 4GB if possible.

I'm running Win 7 U64, so that is not a problem, but I have never flashed the bios, so it is the original (it has no problem running overclocked memory, even though they are not the same, as I said:

2x1GB (OCZ4001024PF) @ 3 3 3 8
2x512MB (OCZ400512PH) @2.5 3 3 7

both at 2.5V, the above timings and voltage is stock.

So I know the 1GB sticks are looser timings, so I have the 512MB sticks running at 3 3 3 8 like the 1GB sticks, and everything is very stable.

So, what can I do? Is there a 2x2GB kit that will work? Preferably OCZ so there is no problems? Actually, even if it's not OCZ, I can always buy the 2x2GB kit that is better then the above, and sell the ones I have, then buy another one later, if they are not compatible, but I have no idea what will work and what is worth it and what isn't, all I know is that 3GB is not enough, I need 4GB minimum but would be very comfortable with 6GB (keeping my 2x1GB and buying the same type of mem by 2x2GB would be ideal if possible).

Any help is appreciated. If OCZ doesn't/didn't make 2x2GB of my type, then any 2x2GB kit will do that will work with my system, as long as it is performance oriented and has good timings and some room for o/cing, in case it has to go up when I o/c the processor and the divider cannot get the mem exactly to 200MHz.

1gb is the largest that DDR comes in as far as I know. Never seen nor heard of a larger stick.

Argh, that is unfortunate. I will have to be happy with 4GB then, which is ok, it will be an improvement over 3GB I know that. Now, I noticed that newegg has Mushkin's made for AMD specifically (s939) with 3 3 3 8 timings, identical to my 2x1GB OCZ performance series, except the voltage seems to be 2.6 on the Mushkin and 2.5 on my OCZ (I run my OCZ at 2.6 anyway). Will they work fine together? I will dual channel the OCZ together, and the Mushkin together.

What do you think? Is it a good buy at under $50, considering I will sell the 2x512MB OCZ with even better timings and should get at least half that.

I'm only worried that they won't work together with the OCZ. Right now I have two OCZ, while different, they are still from the same company, but I really don't see why it should be a problem.

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=61188&vpn=CT2KIT12864Z40B&manufacture=Others

That is the only 2GB stick I found, but look at the price, and not even sure if it is compatible. Or if it is for real, or what the timings are. Nevertheless, there is no way I'm paying over $150 for 4GB of mem.

I want to get a 2x1GB set at 3 3 3 8 and 2.5V overclockable from a good company for about $50, and Mushkin matches that perfectly, but newegg.ca is out of stock, and I can't get newegg.com to ship to me in Canada, wtf......

Back