• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram and motherboard question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pugsport

well i bought a 8gb G-skill Ram kit and got another free from the shop so i have 16gb of ram and just wanted your veiws on if i should use the other 8gb kit or keep it for something else unless maybe someone here had a use for some DDR3 1600mhz ram.

i also heard that using all the memory dim slots put extra pressure on the motherboard altho how true this is i would not like to say

Well, first, you cant sell outside the classifieds.

Second, I highly doubt you need 8GB so I would either keep it or sell it here if you have access to the classifieds (see rules).

Well, depending on what type of system you have is if it puts stress on the mobo or IMC. If its a CPU with the memory controller on die, then you are putting more stress on the CPU's IMC. If its an older Intel chip, then its on the Northbridge and motherboard.

sorry about that i was not thinking

no i dont think ill ever use the 8gb of ram but i only got it because it was cheaper than buying a 4gb kit and then worked out more so when the company gave me another set in order to make up for their mistakes.

well my dad could do with a new pc so im told but im not really sure on what sort or specs it needs to be in order to run autocad so i guess ill look into that if not ill give it away i guess.

thanks for the info

Back