• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high temp and hard coflick make tainice something something...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

ok, today, i just received my st6, so i placed my P-s into the rig, to see how the board actually perform. anyway, one thing i noticed was this extremely high temp, which was around high 40c to low 50c. ok, so i did not cool the north and southbridges, but i don't think my temp should be that high (i am talking about everything at default). oh, by the way, my ish is off, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. and the trouble did not end here, as i plug in sb live, i couldn't listen to anything. everytime i opened something relates to sound, there would be a blue screen appeared and forced to close the proggy. dam$ that...

tainice said:
as i plug in sb live, i couldn't listen to anything. everytime i opened something relates to sound, there would be a blue screen appeared and forced to close the proggy

The ST6 comes with AC97 onboard audio. You need to remove all sound drivers in Windows, reboot into bios, disable onboard sound, shut off. Plug your soundcard in. Reboot. Otherwise, BSOD galore!

I hope you're not talking about case temps? Actually, what are you getting for case temps on your ST6? I get horrible temps (I too also don't have a northbridge cooler).

Re: Re: high temp and hard coflick make tainice something something...

Bonka said:

The ST6 comes with AC97 onboard audio. You need to remove all sound drivers in Windows, reboot into bios, disable onboard sound, shut off. Plug your soundcard in. Reboot. Otherwise, BSOD galore!

I hope you're not talking about case temps? Actually, what are you getting for case temps on your ST6? I get horrible temps (I too also don't have a northbridge cooler).

i am talking about high case AND chip temps. 29 for mobo, 52 for chip at bios. by the way, i never installed the onboard sound, and i did disable the feature in bios. anyway, my chip is dead, i will try to ram it back if i could...wish me luck (ish is removed and lapped) hope that they won't find that ish is lapped. anyway, i got myself a retail C-T 1.0, it will arrive next wedsday. we will see.

That temp is way high ! The only time I have gotten
mine up to 40c in the XET board was with 1.8vcore at
171fsb.

It did get up into the upper 40's once when it was
in my Soyo TISU board, WHEN THE H.S. FAN STOPPED !!!
Good thing my case is a wind tunnel....:cool:

Sorry about your chip.

thanz man, but i am still thinking is there a way to ram the sucker back to intel for a new one. ish is lapped..anyway to cover that?

hey tainice

I just wonder is 46" temp high ?
running everything at default..original HSF ..
celly 1.1A running on ST6 full load 49" idle temp 46"

Getting a Coolermaster fullcopper after these two days..
i cant stand the heat on my cpu..my dearest u know :p hehehehe

tryng to boot on 1.4Ghz :p temp was 55" .. CRAZY :p

winternights said:
hey tainice

I just wonder is 46" temp high ?
running everything at default..original HSF ..
celly 1.1A running on ST6 full load 49" idle temp 46"

Getting a Coolermaster fullcopper after these two days..
i cant stand the heat on my cpu..my dearest u know :p hehehehe

tryng to boot on 1.4Ghz :p temp was 55" .. CRAZY :p

46 default? are you using intel's Heatsink and fan? by any standard, it is way too high..:eek: but i have to remind you, better check your temp with somethig like digidoc to ensure slighest possibility of geting wrong readings. u better post your trouble in "cooling section" for more helpful hint. and good luck with your new hsf.

Back