• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory oc [help]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clexzor

Hey there seeking some help and knowledge im still very new to oc'ing in general however ive been playing with it alot and have the basics down except memory. My question today is im currently running my i7 @ 3.60 stable i think ran prime95 for almost 4 hour and 0 errors anyways the question is i rescently bought corsair vengeance 12 gb kit and would liek to run them at 1600. Right now it is auto timing them with the cpu clock i think at 1448 mhz ram.

I have tried to runt he XMP prfile but when i try to oc cpu it runs the ram mhz above 2000mhz like its auto timing them also how do i change this to run 3.6 with 1600 mhz 9-9-9-24 at what there rated? Thanks for the help and sorry the nubness.:(

you have to realize that on the x58 boards, when you oc the cpu it is via the bclk. This raises the memory speed for every bclk that you move up. You will need to find your cpu clock point and then choose a divider for your memory. If you have 1600 memory and are at 1448 you can drop the cpu multi and increase the bclk to get back to the same cpu speed and that will bring memory speed up each time it is done.

Back