• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS and Shipping (methods of shipping)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Package #1 Going to CA (Delivery on 10/20)

Hodgkins, IL, United States 10/17/2011 2:16 P.M. Departure Scan
10/17/2011 12:02 P.M. Arrival Scan
Elm Grove, WI, United States 10/17/2011 9:43 A.M. Departure Scan
Elm Grove, WI, United States 10/14/2011 9:54 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 10/14/2011 8:07 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Package #2 Going to KY (Originally to be delivered on 10/18, now 10/19)

Hodgkins, IL, United States 10/18/2011 11:22 A.M. Arrival Scan
Davenport, IA, United States 10/18/2011 8:17 A.M. Departure Scan
10/18/2011 5:52 A.M. Arrival Scan
Des Moines, IA, United States 10/18/2011 3:00 A.M. Departure Scan
10/18/2011 2:05 A.M. Arrival Scan
Omaha, NE, United States 10/17/2011 10:40 P.M. Departure Scan
Elm Grove, WI, United States 10/14/2011 9:50 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 10/14/2011 8:07 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Just the fact that Package #2 ends up at the same facility as Package #1 since you know KY is that direction. As well its not like Package #2 was big at all, its quiet small so size isn't an issue. Screwy they send it the wrong direction.

It doesn't make sense to us because we don't have the full picture. A truck or plane was probably full, so it had to go through a different route.

Even if it was full, wouldn't it be more cost effective to let it sit for the next truck to take the load down instead of sending it to 3 other spots?

I know we don't see the full picture, though still, its already going to be a day later why have it trucking all over the place like that?

To me makes me more upset it will be a day later since that is a day longer to get my item back from RMA.

This is why they employ people with degree's in logistics. They make the big money and you sit around confused :)

This is why they employ people with degree's in logistics. They make the big money and you sit around confused :)
This guy knows what is going on. They did it for a reason, otherwise they'd be losing money. To prevent losing money, they hire very smart people to create very smart systems to minimize loss. It may not make sense to us, but it does make sense.

I've seen it a few other times as well, 2nd items going to the same location and the second item arriving earlier then the 1st even though the 1st was shipped first.

Just seems odd seeing it is all.

I have never been a fan of when an item arrives early and the status says something to the effect of it has arrived to early for delivery. Granted, I see this from fedex mainly. UPS will deliver it regardless of when it arrives.

IE. My amazon prime ships from Coffeyville, Kansas which is 40 miles away. It goes to Tulsa which is 150 miles from Coffeyville. It ships "2 day deliver" but 99.9% of the time it will delivery the next day. I call this free overnight shipping :)

Yeah local items ship really quick 3 days is typically 2 days for some times shipped from TN from the Egg.

Though I've had the issue with both UPS and FEDEX holding packages til the next day because its to early to deliver, yet they will let me go pick it up at there facility. Should get partial refund from picking it up myself.

Back