• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 1600 Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

retiredmedic

I have the ASUS Crosshair Formula V motherboard which clearly supports 1600 mhz memory. I have Dual Channel kit installed total of 8GB (2x4GB). The model number is KHX1600C9D3/4G. I have two identical systems and neither of them recognize this RAM's max bandwidth above 1333. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. My full configuration is:

Azza Hurricane 2000 Gaming Tower
ASUS Crosshair Formula V AMN 990FX 3-way Crossfire MB
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3ghz (Liquid Cooled with Dual 240mm Fan Radiator system)
Kingston Hyper-X 8GB DDR3/1600 mhz (2 x 4GB) Dual Channel
240mm Liquid Cooling system with non-conductive UV Coolant (2 x 240mm Fans)
AZZA Titan 1000W Power Supply
Dual Radeon 6850 ICEQ (HiS) Videocards in Crossfire mode
OS is Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks again for any assistance you can offer. :bang head

Methinks that your CPU only "officially" supports 1333 MHz RAM.

Googling around, I found this site--you may want to verify yourself.

Standard auto settings from SPD are 1333 9-9-9 for most ram as all should be compatible with jedec. What more that mokrunka already said, AMD processors like Phenom II series are compatible with 1333 RAM and default multi will be set to 1333 no matter what memory you put there. To set 1600 you have to change memory multi manually or use profiles if your board/memory are supporting it.

Like Woomack suggested, just pull down the DRAM Frequency option and choose DDR3-1600 from the available selections. This equates to a 2:8 FSB : DRAM ratio at the default 200MHz HT Ref clock (200MHz x 8 = DDR3-1600 / 800MHz). The Asus BIOS automatically calculates the DRAM frequency options based on the current HT clock and the available multipliers.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,220
Will Not Boot

When I just change the pull down menu to DDR3-1600 I get a single long beep and two short beep error code and eventually on the screen it tells me that my overclocking attempt failed please change settings in BIOS.

Thanks for the tip though.:shrug:

Back