• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED DDR3 1600 cas 9 vs. DDR3 1333 CAS 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HankB

Which would you choose? I'm ready to pull the trigger on an upgrade to 8GB (2x 4GB) and I'm wondering which to go with. The former is a Shell Shocker (Newegg) at the moment so I need to decide soon!

This is for an AMD Phenom II x4 820 (in my sig) which may or not be overclocked. (The OC has not been working so well lately - keep losing sound. :shrug: )

Use of the machine is for browsing, some S/W development, crunching and occasional transcoding of video.

My views align pretty well with Archer's in that more RAM is better.

thanks,
hank

I'd personally go with the 1600 cas 9. It's on shell-shocker and you can down-clock it to 1333 cas 7 (probably). No reason not to, as far as I can see.

Good choice. Currently using 2 kits of that on a Z68 board and I like them well enough.
Haven't overclocked them at all, though setting 1T command rate was easily-done.
(Really any CAS9 /1600mhz RAM should be about the same as long as it works though)

Back