• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little testing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
I am curious about BD ripping speeds. Will it rip and encode 8 tracks at one time? How does it compare to an i7?

I am a non conventional user and for me generally more threads is better than less faster threads. I want to plan out my next build and I will do nothing until IB gets here but I can start some investigation into things. I believe the IB will scale with the SB, as far as being a consistent across the spectrum of workloads, +20%. so I do not know what the prices will be like but I can make a more informed decision when they get here is I can get more info.

So anybody got an SB i7 and a BD who is willing to do a few rip to mp3 runs and post results?

What software do you plan to be used for this experiment, Archer? I don't have a BD but do have a couple of 2600k, a 2500k and my test rig and my 980x system to compare to at least. Someone with a BD could run the same software and rip the same file and compare.

What software do you plan to be used for this experiment, Archer? I don't have a BD but do have a couple of 2600k, a 2500k and my test rig and my 980x system to compare to at least. Someone with a BD could run the same software and rip the same file and compare.

Well I always used DB power AMP but I was just reading that it may be limited unless R14 supports HT that is. I am going to run some HT tests to see if it recognizes HT cores but I am wondering about the 8 threads now.

I went into this thread thinking I was covered as far as software but now I wonder. It might be worth a check. I will try and get a contact and see what I can come up with.

Just got a reply from them and dbpoweramp supports up to 16 threads.

I've been looking at this question from an audio standpoint as well. One of the encoding and ripping questions to me is the software side of the equation. For audio purposes I haven't received an answer back from Cyberlink yet, question being which of their products will transcode in 64-bit mode (they advertise their latest Power Director products at 64-bit). This would be unique from what I've studied. Cores x bits would be a pretty good combo. Or have I fooled myself?

Back