• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon Kindle customer service is awesome!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
I bought a Kindle last November and last time offshore I dropped it out of my back pocket and cracked the damned screen. It works otherwise and no other damage was done to it, but the screen is fubar. So anyways, I thought I would be out of pocket and would have to either pay to replace the screen or buy a new one, so I didn't get in any hurry to call about it. Anyways, I called them up just a little while ago and after working through a very short and quick to get through automated menu on the phone, got an American English speaking lady and started telling her about the Kindle problem I have. And I definitely told her that I dropped it out of my back pocket and cracked the screen. She put me on hold for a minute, then came back and told me that they were going to warranty replace my Kindle. And it would be a cross ship with prepaid shipping too, 2nd day. After giving her my CC number for the cross ship, I told her that I would probably be going offshore by this weekend and she then upgraded my shipping to next day, so I will have it by tomorrow.:shock::thup:

Now that is what I call true customer service and a totally pleasant experience in dealing with what truly was my fault. And with customer service like that, I will give you 3 guesses who I go with for my next e-book reader or pad type device. :D

:thup::thup: up for Amazon Kindle customer service!!!:salute:

My mom dropped her's two stories and Amazon replaced it, no questions asked. I am a bit stunned by this but couldn't be more pleased!

I Wish B&N Nook was like this. I have a Nook color that got water damage.
**Okay, granted. I never called**

I did receive it the next day and it was all set up on Amazon for my account. As soon as I put it on the home wifi, it updated itself and transferred the books I had bought. Plus, I was able to reuse their box to send the old one back and just taped the paid return label on the box and dropped it off at the post office. :thup:

I am extremely happy with the service and support Amazon gave me with my Kindle.

I'm guessing with the amount of money that Amazon pulls in, they can afford crazy good service like this. Glad to see another company keeps support on our shores.

I think the kindle is a LOT like a cell phone. Nobody wants the service without the phone, so it's pretty understandable why they're replacing them so liberally. If they don't, then they have to basically stop selling e books. :S

I really like my Kindle, but I've gotten annoyed with Amazon's DRM on a few e-books, so I very rarely actually buy my e-books from Amazon anymore. Have spent a bunch at Smashwords recently, though.

Heh, I think I've bought exactly 1 book from Amazon. :rofl: And I did download some old free ones and the free Bible. The rest of my collection I have gotten from "other" sources. I do not support DRM in any form, including e-books. ;)

Heh, I think I've bought exactly 1 book from Amazon. :rofl: And I did download some old free ones and the free Bible. The rest of my collection I have gotten from "other" sources. I do not support DRM in any form, including e-books. ;)

I like the "other" part in this post... ;)

Back