• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

comp reads 3.50gb usable out of 6gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PeterGarcia30

allright guys heres the deal
i did windows update last night and this morning i feel my computer a bit sluggish (my comp is constantly using 4gb of ram on a day to day basis)

I noticed that my pc said 6gb of ram and (3.50 usable)

looked online to see how to correct this and I some say memory mapping in the bios but I don't have that in my bios (that i know of)

so far this is what Ive done
ran memtest to check the ram - everything turned up fine

tried ms config, boot,advance options,maximum memory clear - still shows 3.5 avail

the updates that were installed and my config is as follows
2niu05.jpg

let me know if you need any other info running win 7 64 6 gb of ram 2X2 gb sticks 2 1gb sticks ddr2

Last edited:
Try taking out the two 1GB sticks and see if it shows 4GB. Add one and see if it says 5GB and so on.

Make sure "memory remap" is enabled in the BIOS. Also, check the Advanced options in msconfig to make sure it isn't limited.

Where does it say you are only using 3.5gb? How do you know you are utilizing only 3.5gb? The only thing your screenshots show is 6gb being shown in Windows. Do you have something else to show actual memory usage?

6 gigs installed only shows 3.5 ill try some of the things mentioned just got home from work

i2vhjc.png.jpg

2iag61i.png.jpg

otgj78.png.jpg

Last edited:
bios is in the cpu -z.. im running the last bios for my board (F9) I just find this problem weird because it just started happening

@thideras I don't think this bios has memory mapping cant find it =\ @Janus i was just waiting to see if a better solution came up ill prob restore tonight as Im getting my work done very slowly ATM

Back