• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k and ripjaw 2133/9.11.10.28 1.68v?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

Hi all,

I would need to know if someone is in the same situation as me.
I use 2x4GB 2133 9.11.10.28 ripjaw ddr in my 2600k rig (see sig), and when overclocked over 4.7GHz, the modules need 1.680v in order for the computer to cold boot.

Are you touching the bclk at all or only using the stock divider settings in the BIOS to get them to run at their rated speeds?

Have you tried bumping up the VCCIO voltage?

Hi Janus,

BCLK stock, and I've tried to bump the VCCIO, with no positive result.

What's strange also is that the BIOS default dram voltage is 1.68...

For speed/timing, I use the default profile: 2133/9.11.10.28

At 4.7 and beyond I assume you have CPU PLL Overvoltage turned to On?

Yes
And that: Prime95 small FTT, no error (6hrs). Blend: error after 30 min...

Blend stresses much more memory than Small FFT so its something in the memory/IMC I would imagine.

What's VCCSA set to? That's the memory controller voltage, giving it a bit more (say 0.97 rather than 0.92) can help a lot.

What's VCCSA set to? That's the memory controller voltage, giving it a bit more (say 0.97 rather than 0.92) can help a lot.

Ok, I give a try.

With the ram set@1600/8.8.8.24, I ran OCCT one hour with no error. When set@2133, I get an error after 3 min.

For memory testing, I have yet to find anything more brutal than SuperPi's 32m test, or HyperPi if you're feeling mean.

Are you using ripjaws, or ripjaws X?

That's good, those are the ones built for SB stuffs.
Did the extra VCCSA help?

It looks like, running prime blend for a couple of hours now, without error, but still need 1.68v. I might RMA them. I don't think it's a big deal for the IMC to overvolt a little bit, but they are sold for 1.65...

UPDATE:
raised the VCCIO to 1.1v and I finally got my ram stable.

Solved!

BTW, where is the "solved" button?

Top -> thread tools -> mark as solved I do believe.

Or you can edit the OP and next to the post title I believe you can change it there.

Solved my ...
I think these modules got some problems: they WON'T run @2133/9.11.10.28, nevermind the voltage, VCCA or VCCIO.
I have to set them @1833/9.11.9.28 to keep them stable.
I've tried with a couple of corsair xms3, and they work just fine at their rated speed/latency.
Going to send them back to GSkill and I hope I'll get functionnal ones back.

Back