• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CL11 at 2133...what would CL be at 1600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would probably do CAS 7 but you get most performance out of speed, not the timings. Also faster RAM doesn't make your computer faster one bit so get 1600mhz CAS 9 and save some money. Sandy Bridge already sucks memory bandwidth at a crazy rate, there have be many real world tests showing faster RAM not making any difference.

It would probably do CAS 7 but you get most performance out of speed, not the timings. Also faster RAM doesn't make your computer faster one bit so get 1600mhz CAS 9 and save some money. Sandy Bridge already sucks memory bandwidth at a crazy rate, there have be many real world tests showing faster RAM not making any difference.

QFT!
I have a 2x4GB Kit of 1600CL9-9-9 Mushkin and a kit of 2x2GB GSkill 2133CL9 that I can do 7-9-7 with, and I notice NO difference whatsoever. Only reason I got the gskils was because they were free...

Save the money, get a quality set of 1600CL9 and put the money saved to an ssd or upgrade something else.

EDIT: SORRY, saw you're on newegg.ca, recommend these instead: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428

Last edited:
I had Mushkin RAM that went to 2300mhz, you just don't feel it or see the difference. Only memory bandwidth benchmarks use it up.

no no i know you don't see a difference anything higher than 1600 but i read that if u run the 2133 sticks at 1600 you can tighten up the timings so i was just wondering how tight they would go

i would like some 1600 cl7/cl8 instead of 1600 cl9 if that was possible

maybe even cl6?!! lol doubt that right?

You won't notice any difference, but just buy the specs you want, then you know it'll perform at that level.

Back