• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Denver from Nvidia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madbrayniak

Registered
hey guys, I did a search but didn't find any threads about it....

What do you all think about Nvidia getting into the CPU market? Do you think it is a wise decision on their part?

I think it may be interesting to see how they perform as they are supposed to cover a wide range of areas and the tegra is definitely no slouch in the mobile market.

I'm excited to see, if anything, comes from this as even if they dont match the performance of the i7 I can see intel lowering prices because of how much they loath Nvidia.

hey guys, I did a search but didn't find any threads about it....

What do you all think about Nvidia getting into the CPU market? Do you think it is a wise decision on their part?

I think it may be interesting to see how they perform as they are supposed to cover a wide range of areas and the tegra is definitely no slouch in the mobile market.

I'm excited to see, if anything, comes from this as even if they dont match the performance of the i7 I can see intel lowering prices because of how much they loath Nvidia.

the more the cheaper as long as it is competitive.

I don't pretend to know much about processor/system architecture but is the ARM platform a bit limiting?

But I do agree with Archer, if they are competitive in both price and performance it only helps drive down the cost (or increases the drive for innovation)

Back