• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS ROG RMA time...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tRidiot

Premium Member
I sent in my Matrix GTX580 to RMA last week, and have been checking on repair status daily. It kept saying "repair". Well, tonite it has moved into the "completed" and memo has my RMA# followed by *SUBSHIP.

I assume this means it HAS shipped, or WILL ship or what? It's not a huge deal, just wondering what ya'll's experiences might have been.

I'm DYING to get my card back and get some more benching done so I can get on the benching team!

:bang head

Normally with RMA, I get the product back before it ever even changes status or get a tracking #. Asus, Gigabyte, corsair,... they're all the same. They all suck at updating the shipping status

LOL... Yeah... Corsair seems to be the worst.

I RMA'd an H100 over a month ago...

They STILL haven't updated the shipping info! LOL

Let me know how your Asus ROG RMA goes once you get the thing back. One of my Matrix's doesn't OC very well.... Kind of like yours was doing. I'd like to maybe send it back.

Agreed. I checked on a corsair that they had just marked recieved. When I got home from work a new one was waiting for me. They hardly ever update those.

Wish they'd send me a whole new Matrix, but I doubt that's going to happen.

I honestly bet thats exactly what they'll do.

No kidding? I'd certainly love to get a whole new one rather than a repaired one, but I dunno... I'll have to look to see if I even wrote down the serial number.

A new one would be AWESOME.

(can't really be any worse than the one I had!)

Well, here a week later and still no card. <sigh> Tired of this GT 240, and I'm going to be leaving for work in a coupla days with next to no chance to play with it for a coupla weeks if it doesn't come in today. :(

Still no word from ASUS as to the status, any tracking, etc. Overall, so far I'm not super impressed with their RMA process. Communication is practically nil.

Well, another week has passed and I'm off to work again... still no Matrix in my mailbox. :( I don't get it... but then, they've not been great at communication, so I don't know why I should be surprised.

Well, another week has passed and I'm off to work again... still no Matrix in my mailbox. :( I don't get it... but then, they've not been great at communication, so I don't know why I should be surprised.
Have you tried calling their RMA # that give and ask for a status update? I believe on their website it says 7-10 business days?

Last edited:
many have had horrendous service from asus service department. My rma took over a month to get finished with. some have great service. I truly believe they will take care of you in the end, but may well have you ready to mutiny in the meanwhile.
I was lied to, accused of lying and all sorts of things during my ordeal, but it did end up well. but what they did was drive me back to gigabyte as my mfg of choice. I have recently purchased 2 giga boards for builds for friends and family since that fiasco

many have had horrendous service from asus service department. My rma took over a month to get finished with. some have great service. I truly believe they will take care of you in the end, but may well have you ready to mutiny in the meanwhile.
I was lied to, accused of lying and all sorts of things during my ordeal, but it did end up well. but what they did was drive me back to gigabyte as my mfg of choice. I have recently purchased 2 giga boards for builds for friends and family since that fiasco

This will happen with me if they give me any crap.

I am just flustered that it seems the repair was handled rather quickly, but it's now been almost 2 weeks since it was completed (per the website) and I haven't rec'd it back yet.

I'm worried, though... my stupid USP/FedEx/USPS drivers ALL leave every package at my doorstep with no concern and half the time no knock or doorbell. Makes me worry that it came in and someone ganked it before I got home. :(

Have you tried calling their RMA # that give and ask for a status update? I believe on their website it says 7-10 business days?

Yes I have. I keep getting recorded messages that say there is no representative available to help me and I should call back later... and the line is promptly disconnected. I have gotten this through their automated menu-choice options and through going through the operator and asking for graphics card RMA support.

No help. Becoming quite disappointed with the "Republic of Gamers".

Finally got through to a clueless young lady on the phone after a couple of hours of calling. She informed me after a lengthy search that my card was unable to be repaired and they would be sending me another. However, my card had to be sent from the Indiana repair center to California somewhere and California would be sending me a new card. When I inquired about when this would happen, she told me it would be "in like two days".

Obviously, this sounded a little unsure to me, so I further inquired why they were waiting? She told me they were waiting on stock. But with further pressing, she admitted there was nothing noting when the new stock would be in or when my replacement card would ship. So I asked her why she told me it would be two days? Was it showing somewhere that it would ship in two days? No. So then where did you get two days? We went round and round for a few minutes with her refusing to admit she had lied to me or acknowledge that she told me two days. Eventually she just kept saying she had done all she could to help me.

I thought I'd come here and let everyone know.

Summary:

Zero communication from ASUS since receiving an RMA number.
No updates to my RMA status since marked "Complete" on 10/25.
Very difficult to reach live customer support on the phone.
Customer support representative gives conflicting and inaccurate information.

I'm going to go buy another card. I've already missed one launch... with several more upcoming and still no real timeline, I don't think I'll be sticking with ASUS. Sad... I chose the Matrix because it was supposed to be the hottest, most powerful, most overclockable and best GTX580 on the market. Sadly, it goes bad out of the blue and then ASUS doesn't seem to care that I'm out $500 in the meantime or that I have a voice to spread the word to fellow enthusiasts and gamers.

Information is power. Use it wisely.

Damn. I hope they repair mine if that's the case. I don't to wait a month for more stock of this card.

I'll call again Monday and throw a fit if I don't get some answers. Spent an hour on the phone with stupid PayPal yesterday, I'm in a fightin' mood. :D

Not to mention I'm working all weekend AND it's a full moon... come Monday, I'm likely to be ready to spit nails!

Got an email today saying they shipped out my RMA on the 11th. Scheduled delivery is the 17th. ARGH!

Exactly 1 day after scheduled delivery of my new (non-ASUS) 6950.

So we'll see... interestingly, it did "apparently" ship out on the day the girl in CS said it would. Though she couldn't give me any indication why she said that. Maybe she was lucky? I dunno... I'll be happy to get it back.

Question... would it be better to sell it as NIB, or to take it out, test it, bench it, THEN sell it? What do ya'll think?

Back