• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC 2x8GB Kingston 1600 HyperX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elkey

Registered
Hi, I have just OClocked i5 2500k to 4,5GHz@1,305VCore on MSI p67 gd65.

Can you help me or at least point me some tutorials with manual OC'ing your RAM? So far I use auto and XMP enabled.

Thanks in advance.

Curious as to why you want to run the RAM at a higher than rated DDR3-1600 frequency, and / or w/ tighter than rated timings? Are you planning on benching? And post a link to your 16GB (2 x 8GB kit) of KHX DDR3-1600.

Last edited:
I don't want to OC RAM anymore since I have some problems with it going stable even at 1600MHz.

I had some problems with Blend Test in Prime95.
XMP ON - didn't pass. I have tried auto and manual timings - 9-10-9-24 and 9-9-9-27 which is recomended by Kingston. Still timings didn't seem to help a lot. Turning XMP OFF neither.

It works well when DRAM FReqency is on auto but then again, Kingston said "Each module kit has been tested to run at
DDR3-1600MHz at a low latency timing of 9-9-9-27 at 1.65V" - and I paid to have 1600MHz RAM so what's going on?

Probably it is a matter of voltage because when turned DRAM Voltage from auto to manual 1,65V - all was good. I have also testet 1,59V and now testing 1,55V if it's stable. I don't think this is good RAM. What you think?

Last thing. This is Blend test which mostly (according to Prime's manual) shows RAM problems, all other tests were correct. You thing putting up CPU Vcore a little or not?

Back