• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my ddr3 1333 memory doesnt work at that speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SS3795

Registered
hi all.

i have this ram x2:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820144455

deactivated for some reason.

I have windows 7 32bit, and a 350wat psu.
foxcon a74mlk 3.0 mobo.

it says it can get to 1333mhz. well not on mine. i can only go 800mhz or 1066mhz.

if i set it to 1333mhz , it doesnt boot windows, even if i set it at extra voltage. my mobo supports up to 1600mhz and i cant figure out why it wouldn't work. any idea?

You have overclocked your motherboards base clock speed. It is not running at 1066 right now. Matter of fact at your clk you should actually be running pretty close to 1333 speed. Also you are overclocking the ram with those timings. It is specified at 1333 cl 9-9-9(28?) and you are running it at 8-8-5-15.

You can see all of this yourself if you open the memory tab of cpu-z

You're effective speed is 1351, so yes. And your latency timings are lower, so you're actually overclocking that memory, its running faster then its rated spec.

On a side note, you know that you are shorting yourself almost 1 full GB of your ram because you are using a 32bit OS

Your running the 1333 divisor but you can clearly see you are running the memory at 1686mhz. CG on a pretty chunky overclock on your ram, Im surprised that the IMC on that athlon is able to run at that frequency. Have you run it through memtest86 to verify memory clock stability?

Now you're running at just shy of 1700mhz ram speed, not 1333.
You were already over 1333 before due to the bus overclocking.

It also loosened his timings to 9-9-9-24 or something. Best to manually set it all the way around.

Haha, this is a funny thread, ss has overclocked more and more and he's just like, yes it runs on 1333 now.

SS3795, have you run any stability checks to see if your ram can take the OC? Also what are your volts for dram in BIOS now?

Back