• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4T-E Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShadowCat66

I cant seem to get on ASUS web site to get the bios update for my P4T-E.I thought I had the full download for the new 1005 but it didnt work and now I have trouble.Does anyone have the orginal 1003 and the new 1005 bios?I would like to try to get the complete update....after downloading the 1005 and trying it I read a warning about not downing it because they were reworking there web site.now I'm kinda stuck.Any help would be very usefull.Thanks to everyone in advance!

Well,I fixed my troubles.Anyone running the P4T-E and is NOT running XP I would adise not upgrading to 1005 just yet.ASUS made a mistake in the new flash and will cause a few problems in 98/98SE/ME.they are working on a new flash and will be out soon.

I'm dual booting 98se. The only problem I've had was when I first installed my TV card was trying to share an irq with my sound card. What have they said is wrong with it?

It has something to do with the power management.I guess what happened is that they wrote "win XP" on a line so 98 doesnt know what to do,or something like that.Try to put your computer into standby mode and then bring it back out again,if it locks you just need to restart it again,if not you should be ok.Also on my system it always would run scandisk after ever restart.....ODD HUH

Also,if you plan on using a northwood chip you have to have 1005 bios!1003 doesnt support the nortwood chip!Make sure if you are buying a board it has the 1005 bios installed or overwise you need a Willy to flash with.

I am not very confident in all the names of the new CPU's... Could you let me know if the chip I'm running is one or the other, and what version is applicable to my application...

Many thanks

Regards

Teken<---Who is running a P4 2.0 ghz 512 L2 cache

:cool:

Thank you for the quick reply... I just noticed on the MOBO that the 1005 is stamped in big white markings on one of the chips just below the lithium battery...

Regards

Teken

LOL... Assuming that my vendor is true to form... I will be running with a P4 2.0 ghz 512 L2 cache CPU... And once that arrives along with my bloody 768 MB RDAM chips... I will be running Windows 2000 Pro with all service packs 1 & 2... :)

Thanks again to all contributors for clearing up all the unknowns for me...:burn:

Regards

Teken<---Who has cleared up many oustanding Q's today from his new friends on the O/C forum...

Back