• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Happy Birthday Overclockers.com - 13 years old as of Nov 2011

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
In November of 1998 Overclockers.com was born.

Very early on, our site founders JoeC and Skip set forth their pursuit:

This is what I'm attempting here:

Dedication to Overclocking Art: The more you get involved in computers and maximizing performance, the more you realize there's more art involved than science. There are too many variables in CPUs, Ram, Motherboards, PCI Cards, AGP Cards, ISA Cards, Hard Drives, Cooling etc. to say with exactitude "If this, then this".
Of equal value is the ability to share experiences among overclockers which transcend political boundaries and cultures. I hope this site will facilitate communications and be a resource of published articles, home-spun tests, opinions, personal observations and annotated links to other websites of interest to the growing global community of OVERCLOCKERS! Anyone who has "Pushed the Envelope" is welcome to submit an article or data for viewing by others.

We would appreciate any comments, suggestions or items of interest to post on this site which you would like to share with others.

Joe Citarella and Skip MacWilliam

Pretty refreshing to read their outlook as it was originally set out. It is our same vision for the site today, a vision the entire community continues to work everyday to make a reality, a vision I am especially proud to be part of.

Not long after that initial vision, the Overclockers mission statement was forged, and having stood for a decade it stands as strong as ever today - bound together by our forum members keeping this spirit alive:

WHAT IS OVERCLOCKERS.COM?

We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here. We are respectable, for we share our bounty. We will endure, for we continue to grow. We will continue to grow as long as those who come to us find what they need for their own betterment, and the betterment of those who follow after them.
Joe Citarella, Skip MacWilliam and Ed Stroligo.

Having joined the site in 2002 as a regular member, the discovery of OCF captured my imagination - the exceptional insight I found offered here inspired me like I have never experienced elsewhere, and since the day I have joined I have firmly believed in the purpose and mission of this site that has grown to mean so much to me.

From one member to all of you past, present, and future... Thank you so much for making Overclockers what it is. I love this place, and I love you guys too. :salute:

Happy Birthday OCF! :)

Grats dudes! It is crazy how fast this ride goes.

Thank you Skip and Joe for starting this community and everyone else that has joined up to this point!

Happy Birthday!

Been here since 2001! It's been a wild ride.
:)

Matt

This is the thread that old fogies come to.

Happy Birthday, OC :)

1998 huh? I didn't even own a computer until 2001... :rofl:

I hope this site will facilitate communications and be a resource of published articles, home-spun tests, opinions, personal observations and annotated links to other websites of interest to the growing global community of OVERCLOCKERS!
When I read this, the accuracy of the statement in regards to the current state of the site amazed me. Everything they hoped for is continuing to be present even after 13 years.

I never had a chance to get to know either JoeC or Skip since I joined in 2008. Regardless, thanks for creating a site which continues to grow and teach people, young and old, new things everyday through a wealth of knowledge and class act members not seen anywhere else.

Been visiting the forms since they went live but never registered til I swear sometime around June of 2001 (when I started college) though my profile says differently ;) Really crazy ride its been.

Happy Birthday OCF!

Only been a member since 04, but Ive been reading since 02.

Thanks for 10 great years! The people make this place what it is, and the members here are what make this place top notch. Thank you OCF, and its faithful followers, its been an awsome journey, and I am glad to be a part of it as well. I wonder how much of my life Ive actually spent here, was pretty hardcore for awhile lol :)

happy b-day to my favorite site. I have been here since nov 01 as well

Happy to be part of OCF! Congrats and another 13 lucky years!

Back