• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbeee - Overclocking CPU/Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimdot

I just completed building from scratch my 1st computer but I have some questions about overclock the CPU/Ram. 1st of all Here are my system specs;

- Case: Antec P183
- Mobo: GigaByte GA-990FXA-UD3
- CPU: AMD FX-8150
- Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Model F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL. Cas Latency: 9 Timing: 9-10-9-28 Voltage1.5V

- GPU: MSI R6870 Twin Frozer
- SSD: OCZ Vertex III, MaxIops Edition
- HDD: WD 720Gb SATA III/6Gbs
- PSU SeaSonic x Series 850watt

It's my understanding that the FX-8150 can run the memory at 1866Mhz natively.
So how/what do I change in BIOS to get these 2 running together at 1866Mhz??
I have went into BIOS & got the memory up to 1600Mhz, but that's all I did. The system is running okay albiet I haven't changed any other entries so it's probably not even running at the 1600 very effeciently. Some of the entry descriptions in the BIOS are a bit intimidating to me also. I'm not into any kind of big time overclocking. I just want to get things up & running at the 1866 & get the best performance with that, that I can.

Can anyone out there help me out? Point me in the right direction maybe. I'm not a newbee to computers and techie stuff. Been in the field for 37 years. Just never ventured into this arena before.

HELP!!! and thanks in advance to all.
Jim

You have memory multis in bios. All you have to do is to change it to 1866 or there is 2nd option - profiles. You should find something called DRAM E.O.C.P. and there is list with couple of profiles like 1866/2133/2200/2400 and Profile1 that should be at the end <--- it's what you are looking for. When you pick it, board will set all options with voltages etc.
If it won't be stable then you can to add +0.05-0.10V to CPU-NB or set DRAM Voltage to 1.55V.

Back