• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI overclocking question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bvav22

I have a DFI LanParty DK 790FX, AMD Athlon X2, OCZ Reaper 4gb (2x2gb) DDR2 800, Nvidia GTX 550ti.

I got BF3 and i'm trying to get best game play. However this Genie bios is making my brain hurt.

I was getting about 27-30 fps outside of combat and 18-23 in combat, and i figured out the genie bios enough to get my timing to 4-4-4-15, which brought me to about 33-38 fps out, and 23-27 in.

Is there a way i can make this bios clock the memory to 1066? All the reviews on newegg were people saying they went to 1066. I raised the voltage to 2.1v but i cant seem to get anything above 800mhz in cpuz.

Any input is appreciated...:bang head

With the CPU Host/HTT Clock at the default of 200MHz, make sure Timing Mode is set to Manual, then change the "Memory Clock value or Limit" option to DDR1066.

to be honest i don't know how to tell that. All it says for the version on boot is:

Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Version 6.00PG

And based on cpuz the date for that is 1/16/2008

With "Memory Clock value or Limit" highlighted, and using the + / - keys on the Numpad, the highest option available is DDR800?

That's impossible. The DRAM frequency won't fluctuate between 200 and 400MHz (DDR2-400 / DDR2-800) between idle and load conditions. Post pic's of CPU-Z open to the CPU, Memory, and SPD tabs, this w/ the DDR800 option selected in the BIOS.

Here are the screen caps.

While Under Heavy Load

mem1.PNG

proc1.PNG

While Idle

mem2.PNG

proc2.PNG

SPD Tables

slot1.PNG

slot3.PNG

Last edited:
Back