• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alinosa

ok, i'm buying an ASUS A7V266-E/AA mobo... what kind of RAM should i get if i plan to overclock? i keep reading about pc2400/2700 being the same RAM as pc2100 but more pricey. I plan on Kingmax RAM being the brand since all i hear is good things from them, but which speed should i get?

I'd go for the highest possible. Nothing worse than getting a sweet board and chip and then finding out your memory is all that's holding you back.

It's a crap shoot no matter what you decide...as is the life of an overclocker...

Its sort of like a gamble. If you get Crucial PC2100, you may not be able to get to 166fsb, with CAS2 timings stable without some VIO/VIO1 voltage adjustments.

Also, I don't know whether the A7V266-E supports PC2400 and PC2700 ram. According to their site, they've only mentioned: PC1600, and PC2100.

I think Crucial works great with Asus.

Yodums

Back