• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it just me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tony710

Registered
Is it just me? EDIT*got it to work(image alert)

I can't seem to overclock my pc. I have the th7-2 raid with the 2.0a northwood 2 256mb single sided samsung rimms retail hsf. I can not over clock this thing at all. I tried to do something easy like 2.2ghz and I get code 26 on the m/b and it doesnt post. I can't figure out why. Do I need to change any of the dip switches on the board or did I just get a bad cpu or board.
cpu details
pack date-1/18/02
fpo/batch-l148a707

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
I am using the hacked 77 bios, another thing I noticed is that when i set my cvore in the bios it is different in windows ex-I set it to default 1.5 and in winbond hardware doctor also in sandra 2002 it says 1.38. My temperatures have to be way off too. In those programs it says cpu 41c but I attatched that little thermal sensor and it says 27.5c (I put it between the heatsink and the core, also temps are low right now becasue I just booted up) I've the vcore sometimes reads wrong but what numbers do I trust?

ps- that was alot to say for just "which bios version are you using?" :D

tony710 said:
(I put it between the heatsink and the core, also temps are low right now becasue I just booted up)

Not Between the heatplate and the Heatsink??? If so, the heatsink will not make proper contact with the heatplate. This would cause high temps for sure.

The Bios and Hardware monitors read the temp from the thermal diode built in to the processor core itself. It's very possible to have that much difference internally and externally.

As for the voltage differences, are you using a quality P4 Rated Power supply? What do your other voltages read?

I was having trouble with a Sparkle 350Watt P4 Power supply.

I have the POWER MAN FSP350-60BN P4 350W 12V Pentium 4 Certified Power Supply with the Lian Li PC61 aluminum case. Where would I put the thermal sensor then?

*edit* forgot other voltages

temps.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I don't know how I did it but I'd figure it was worth another shot and I got it to boot into windows at 2.409! I have no idea why it wouldn't work before but all of a sudden it will overclock. Once I get a better HSF I might do the wire trick and see if I can get 2.6
wcpuid.jpg

Back