• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google Says We Matter More

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Recently, Overclockers.com has gone from PR6 to PR7 in the eyes of the big G. Pagerank isn't the end all be all that it once was for websites, but its still better to see PR go up than it is for it to go down.

Most interesting is comparing it to some other popular sites for our crowd:
Overclockers.com - PR7
Overclockers.com/forums - PR5
slashdot.org - PR8
anandtech.com - PR6
forums.anandtech.com - PR5
xtremesystems.org - PR4
hardocp.com - PR6
hardforums.com - PR4
tweaktown.com - PR5
overclockersclub.com - PR5
overclock.net - PR4

To be fair, Techcrunch also ranks PR8 and is higher than us like Slashdot, however I don't know of anyone that actually reads at techcrunch - somehow I feel they miss the mark with our audience. Maybe too mainstream or consumerish.

Anyways, thought it was interesting and wanted to share. Props to Turbohans for noticing the change to PR7 on overclockers.com and shooting me a PM.

No wrong, the algorithmus update doesn't have anything to do with the Pagerank.

The Pagerank is just one factor, and comes off the mathimatical calculation of the links, that the site has.

This means, that A LOT of sites are linking to overclockers now. The step from PR 6 to PR 7 is also a very long way. Way longer, than from PR 5 to PR 6.

The newest algortihmn update was more towards bad, spamish content.
That's also why a lot of price-compare sites lost a lot of rankings.

Nice... it's good to see that all of our content is making its way across the internet.

So what you are saying is that we need to take a few moments out of our day, search for something click on Overclockers.com ad nauseam. And then we will go back up?

Back