• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy CPU clamp/socket?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DyingBlade

So, I recently let my friend help me build my computer due to time constraints at work, and when I was checking out the build I noticed he tossed the clamps that held the processor in place. Basically the only thing holding the processor in place is my H100 water cooler.

So, my question is, is there anywhere that I can buy just the clamp itself? Even better, is it even necessary to have the clamp? I have an i7 920 processor btw. Thanks :)

The clamp doesn't really matter, expect it can be easier to damage the socket pins without it - the clamp makes sure the CPU is secured and doesn't move when changing coolers.

I have a spare for 1155, but not for your socket. Your best bet is seeing if someone has a leftover from an old/dead board they can give you, or contacting the manufacturer to see if they can send you one.

Back