• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEXTOR PX-128M2S from newegg = LITE-ON LAT-128M2S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC101

I recently ordered a PLEXTOR 128GB SSD from newegg.com.cn(newegg's web site in China), because I am temporary in China. The price of this hard drive on .cn is slightly cheaper than the same model on the U.S. site. I bought it when it was 1199 Yuan which is about $189 USD. On the U.S. site it's $205. The model should be PX-128M2S as it's listed on the site.

Once the SSD arrived, the box was PLEXTOR's. On the inside, the SSD itself is from LITE-ON, and the model listed on there is LAT-128M2S.

Well, I've actually seen that complain in one of the comments left by another buyer before I bought it. Same thing happened to him. But since I've been a customer of newegg since 2002 in the U.S., I took my chances.

I wonder, if this is what I suppose to get? Or I got ripped off?
PLEXTOR PX-128M2S = LITE-ON LAT-128M2S?

http://www.newegg.com.cn/Product/A26-223-1M1.htm?FPA=19

If you look at the pictures provided... It shows that its a Lite-On drive. So I wouldn't say there's anything fishy going on...

It just seems that Plextor rebrands Lite-On stuff... Which I wouldn't say is a bad thing... I've never had a problem with Lite-On products.

I guess you are right. The photos of the SSD itself on the product page is indeed LITE-ON. I have never noticed that before, and these photos of LITE-ON SSD under PLExTOR only exist on the Chinese site. They should have mentioned in the specification or product details, or at least update the model number.

The only other LITE-ON products I've had = DVD-ROM/burners

Last edited:
Back