• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

0.15u Samsung RIMMS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toast

Greetings,

Based on details from numerous threads, the Samsung memory appears to be prefered when it comes to RIMMS. After reviewing the technical data sheets available at their web site, I gathered they have several processes in mass production. The forthcoming PC1066 memory will be a 0.12u process, and the more recent are with a 0.15u die.

Has anyone had any difficulty reaching (2x533) 1066Mhz memory clockings with the latest 0.15u PC800 RIMMS ?

Toast

I have Crucial, and havent been able to get over 520 without problems.

I'm running 533 fine. At 549 errors, at 556 no boot. Heat seams to be a problem. They run at 40C with a sensor on the heatspreader but I have a fan blowing over them and now they are at 32C. They are Samsung 256, 8 piece, single sided.

single sided

Thanks for the reply.
Your experience with the newer RIMMS reinfoces what I gleened from the Samsung data sheets. I sense a solid thumbs up for the single sided offering.

Toast

Last edited:
I just started to consider rdram for my next system, I know nothing abt it, so pls bear with me :p
Is the single-sided 256mb rimm more overclockable than double-sided? I thought it is harder to overclock with higher density chips.
If the single sided 256mb rimm is overclockable, does it mean that the 512mb double sided will overclock nearly as well?

QSW,

While I am in the same boat with no experience with RDRAM, I have made a comittment with an i850 board. My intuition leads me to believe that the smaller die memory chips should be more overclockable. So, given that they use the same density modules, a single sided 256MB RIMM should overclock equally well as a double sided 512MB RIMM.

I'll try to locate a key paragraph from the Samsung web site and post it. Take care,

Toast

Back