• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is Better for Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

5ashaba

Hello,
im not very good at this stuff but im looking to buy a new desktop for gaming. Ill be playing shogun 2, star craft 2.. battlefield 3...and such...my budget is around 700$.

which one of these is better... this custom built one ?

Configuration
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

HDD: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive) (can replace with 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 525MB/s Read & 475MB/s Write (Single Drive) ....is it better ? )

MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

or this computer

Your help is greatly appreciated!

:welcome: to the forums!

If you were to just look at the parts from the Gateway, it would do just as good as the AMD build that you have listed above. The thing is, you don't buy OEM computers anymore, not unless its for a business.

The best bang for the buck gaming computers are still favored by AMD since you can get the FX or the Thuban for a pretty low price right now.

ya i would build if i were you + that would be great for gaming probly for future games due to games will probly start using 6cores sooner or later

Back