• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this ram be compatible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustDepends

I currently am running 2x2gb of 1600 mhz Adata ram. The serial number for this ram is AX3U1600GB2G9-AG.

Now I can't find that ram anywhere. However, I found a very similar product. The serial number being AX3U1600GB2G9-2G.

I want to combine these and have 8gb's of memory. But I'm not sure if they will be compatible. The first reason is because it is not on the memory support list on the Gigabyte website. It does however say that those are not the only modules that will work.

The other reason is because they are not the same memory. I'm not exactly sure which memory works with which memory. The have the same speeds, timing, and size so I assume they would be compatible. But maybe I'm wrong. Anyone want to fill me in?

I would try them out and expect them to work - no guarantees, but its a pretty safe bet with the main product number being nearly identical.

From what I'm seeing on google, it looks like most of the people (Not many people have the combination) who have these two are fine. I'm gonna have to agree. Go for it, and expect it to work. It seems to me if the product numbers are that similar, chances are the products themselves are similar enough to be compatible. Though, I don't have personal experience with this, my input on this is simply theory.

Back