• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MicroCenter - Awesome Deal Working With Me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mean_dm

So, I had reserved a mobo (MSI GD-65 G3) and got the email confirmation, drove an hour and half down there today to pick it and a 2500K cpu for a total of 290$. I get down there and everything seems smooth.

Until...

I was told my mobo I had reserved wasn't back there... Bleh I said. When the sales associate goes back and grabs me an Asus P8z68 Deluxe/G3 mobo (290$) and gives it to me for 160$.

I will say, I didn't throw a fit at any point... I was polite, especially with what day it was and all.

Personal experience, they will definitely get more of my business from Fry's.

I've always gotten great service at my local Micro Center as well. Luckily I've never had may issues but got great service with my laptop warranty from there. The only thing I hate at the store is when an associate helps me find or pick one item and wants to put their little stickers on every item I have.

the reason for the sticker is they get commission on every product they sell. So instead of them making 11$ an hr, they make $6 an hr and rest is made up in Commission. I usually just tell them give me 1 sticker and I will tell the cashier to scan it for every item.

I dont mind the sticker, i just hate Fry's. They help you find something, and instead of going to the register, they waist your time usually 10-15min, to put it into the computer under their name so they get the commission from it.

Never had a problem with the stickers at MC. I'd usually spend a few minutes talking to the guys back around the components section and when I'm ready to check out they'd put one on the most expensive thing.

MC has always been great to me. found a gpu for the nephews build, drove to MC to get parts and found that the 2 gpu's in question were used to build a display box. they offered to give a fair discount on any other card we had interest in, rather fair in my mind. And most importantly- appreciated. They have earned what buisiness I can afford to give them

the reason for the sticker is they get commission on every product they sell. So instead of them making 11$ an hr, they make $6 an hr and rest is made up in Commission. I usually just tell them give me 1 sticker and I will tell the cashier to scan it for every item.

I dont mind the sticker, i just hate Fry's. They help you find something, and instead of going to the register, they waist your time usually 10-15min, to put it into the computer under their name so they get the commission from it.

I know the reason for the sticker and don't at all mind them placing them on the items they sell me, just not all the stuff I sold myself, I don't get a sticker.

Back