• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit ST6 supprt Celeron 433 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No. Any Celeron Processor before the 533A is "slot 1", and not the "socket 370" chip version. You need a slot 1 motherboard.

Bonka said:
No. Any Celeron Processor before the 533A is "slot 1", and not the "socket 370" chip version.

Celeron 433 is slot?? I don't think so!!

I have a PPGA 500 which fits in a socket 370 as do all PPGA Celerons, AFAIK. For certain, the early Celerons (266 and 300 w/o the A) are in a SEPP package (I think it is called) which needs a slot 1 mobo (I have a 266 laying around in such a package. I think there are other Celerons in the SEPP package but I'm not sure where they stop.

The answer to the question is "yes". The ST6 is a "Universal" motherboard which means it will support all Intel socket 370 chips, from PPGA to FC-PGA2. I'm running one now. Had a Celeron 400 in it when I assembled it and now am running a Celeron Tualatin. Good things: pretty nice board, a lot of features, and it was inexpensive. Bad things: first board I received was D-O-A.

Thank you lyle .
Asus Tlus2 doesn't support PPGA celerons, but then ST6 doesn't have this problem.

Back