• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEASE help me out i'm in trouble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DKC

Ok I don't know what's wrong but when I try to play certain games, part of the way through, I'll get a bluescreen says memory dump beginning.

I have an Athlon XP 1700+ unlocked @ 12.0x133
Asus A7N266-E Bios 1b
512mb DDR Pc2100 Ram

I have nothing but the multiplier over clocked and even when I dont OC it I still have this problem. Maybe it's a setting in my BIOS ??

Can anyone please help me out
thanks

my Vcore is at 1.8 or so

which should be fine i'm guessing
my ram isn't cheap

what is BSOD and BOD?

It means blue screen of death. Its what windows does when it has problems.

And chill out Gandalf. You guys invented hockey so you should win most of the time. lol

I would say reinstall your OS my freind had the same problem only it was whenever he turned his comp on, so I re-installed and that fixed it.
Hope that helps
-piffer

Run docmemory! I just got done with the same problem actually. I went through all sorts of hell trying to get my system working again. I tried reinstalling the OS several times, and it would lock up during the install.

ASUS Bios 1003

I flashed to 1003... I had problems only installing the OS when the CPU was OC'd.

I stepped the CPU down to standard speed, completed a successfull install and then pumped it back up. XP Pro works great (now).

I got the start of BSODs from some VID c(r)ap software... and they would go away.

Formatted and started again... good now. I still have to manually set the vcore jumpers, autodect I think is still giving slightly to little voltage at higher speeds. (I thought this was one of the items listed in the flash fix.

Back