• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oc suggestions for a system that lacks hope.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dejavoo81

Registered
:eh?:

I have a sony pcv r553ds. It was a gift so I didnt' have a choice. It has:

-oem ASUS EUROPA 3(atx-167)

-256 ram

-p3 650 w/ golden orb

-award bios 7(very limited)

-150 watt power supply

I would like to over clock it to get as much out of it as possib;le though I know it'll be hard considering my hardware. I don't want to change my hardware yet. I just wanna see what I can do with the exsisting system. I have the proper fans though. I would like to turn up the voltz(should I get another power supply) and turn up the fsb. Anyone can help me on this one?

Last edited:
There's no need to overvolt until you run into instability with overclocking. Having the motherboard model number would help and I can't seem to find anything on Google that tells what it is.

150W PSU is pretty small. It wouldn't hurt to have another, but I'm not sure it would help either.

Well, you may be able to play with the FSB through SoftFSB...an OEM Asus should still use a common clock generator...if this works, go to the next step...

Drop the Orb and get a real HS before you shoot any juice to that P!!!, then go to the next step...

Get a bigger PSU, that one ain't gonna cut it if you can o/c your FSB...

easy as 1-2-3...but you gota get past 1 first :D Good Luck!

Back