• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sunlight

Disabled
hi all,

I am new here,say "hi" to everyone. Just having a quick question regarding replacing a CPU.

If I swap out my old one and put the new one into my MoBo, will my HDD read it or do I have to uninstall anything before I do so?

Thanks in advance.
g.php

The hard drive has nothing to do with the CPU... If the cpu fits in the socket it will work.

Thank you for your quick replies,I'm upgrading from an AMD Dual Core to a Quad Core AMD

+1. See if the CPU you are installing is on the supported list and make sure you have the latest bios for better compatibility.

Whoa hold up a minute...

You can't put an intel quad core cpu into am AMD socket... You need to make sure you have the correct socket on your mainboard.

If you meant that youre changing the entire system except the hard drive it is possible but you will need all new drivers for the mainboard to make it work right.

Crap! My bad, I'm getting old... and starting to see things... or maybe it was not enough sleep... :shrug:

Back