• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anxion

Hey, after I build my new rig I had issues installing windows. I removed one stick of ram leaving me with 4gb. The install went fine, but now windows seems way off.

I get random blue screens and memory errors. I tried tweaking a bit with the ram settings in bIOS (setting DRAM to 1.60v and timing 8-8-8-24) but it gave me critical errors when logging into windows.

Now I left it with DRAM on auto and 8-8-8-24 (it works so far, but it's a question about time when another blue screen will hit.)

any suggestions? I set my frequency to 1600, but now I about it... shouldn't it be 800MHz due to only one stick of ram sitting in there?

Welcome!

It would be helpful to know the rest of your system it goes it... And can you link to your EXACT ram please?

if that is the vengance that is rated 1600 9-9-9 I wouldnt expect it to hit 8-8-8 timings. try running them at the rated 9-9-9 is that is the case and see how it does. Intel burn test will do wonders for telling you if you pc is stable

:welcome: to forums

I would set everything to default lower multi cpu by 2 or 3

set memory to what it should run at 1600mhz and 9-9-9- and run

http://www.memtest.org/

if it passes run 8-8-8-

if it passes that problem lies else where i would think

lol wow some fast typers here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It turns out the RAM just doesn't want to work with the MOBO at all.

I've ordered some new ram that should be compatible with the mobo (according to ASSrocks site). Let's hope it'll finally work :D

I tried out everything man.

It became more and more unstable. I'm too afraid to operate on it until I try some new RAM.

I think my mobo has some serious bad compatible issues.

Back