• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram problems m5a99x evo mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FatFue

Registered
I installed 8 gigs of wintec ddr3 1333mhz to my m5a99x evo mobo. It will post and take go to black screen says success memory is running correctly pls go to set up. When i get the the set it post that i only have 2 gigs running when it should be 8 gigs. Same goes when I do 4 gigs i will still 2 gigs running at max. Same thing posted in system specs in os. Can someone help me clarify what the problem is thankyou. running on 64bit windows 7

Please don't cross-post the same topic in multiple forums, as multiple identical threads just cause confusion. As such I deleted your duplicate thread in the AMD Motherboards forum. From your post I assume you mean that neither the UEFI or the POST screen show all of the installed RAM?

Please don't cross-post the same topic in multiple forums, as multiple identical threads just cause confusion. As such I deleted your duplicate thread in the AMD Motherboards forum. From your post I assume you mean that neither the UEFI or the POST screen show all of the installed RAM?

yes that is correct.

oh and sorry about that i just that maybe it could be a ram issue or a mobo issue so i posted 1 in each and a guy actually had a solution on the other thread but u deleted it so now i have nothing to use and i dont remember what he posted.

There weren't any replies in your other thread. If there had been, I would have merged them w/ this thread.

I ran cpuz last night on my computer and i detects that the ram slot is being occupied and what not and post at 4 gigs but under the spd tab one of the rams have spd xmp and the other one doesnt, does that have to do with anything?

Back