• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR3 shows as 1333mhz not 1600mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sedsy72

Registered
Higuys ive recently upgraded my old desktop as it had a virus and was in need of a refresh.
Ive got a Gigabyte M68MT-S2 board with AMD Bulldozer FX-4 3.6 black etc and i went for 2 x 4 gig Kingston Hyper x genesis grey DDR£ PC3 1600MHz, when i boot up i noticed the BIOS page showing the ram as 1333 not 1600, so i changed the ram multiplier from x 6.66 to x 8.0 which shows 1600MHz but when i boot it still seems to show as 1333!? i know this probably doesnt matter but the board supports 1600 and the ram i paid for is that.. Do i need to make another setting change ? eg voltage or something>??

Cheers in advance.

:bang head

Weird, are you running the latest version of the bios?

Anyone?? i think i may just need to make manual adjustments in the Dram timings etc !??

Yes... Thats exactly what you need to do.

Set timing, voltage, and speed manually. Otherwise the system will always default to the native 1333 RAM Speed.

EDIT: Just noticed that you had the speed set to 1600... But if the default timings were way off, it may have reverted the Speed to 1333.

This really feels like the system is rolling back to auto settings because its failing to post at the assigned settings.

Try setting the timings according to the SPD tab under XMP-1 and raise the voltage to 1.675(1.65 is the default for that speed according to the SPD tab). See if that works.

kingston hyper x genesis grey 8gb (2x4gb) ddr3 pc3-12800c9 1600mhz dual channel kit (khx1600c9d3x2k2/8gx)

slot 1 9905403-440.A00LF
slot 2 as above

still no joy :( starting to do my head in now.. do i need to change any of the cpu settings?

20111211_183223.jpg

when i boot Bios still shows DDR3 1333

Gigabyte calls it DRAM EOCP I know that my A75 and my 990XA have that feature.

I just looked up your board, it doesnt have those features. TBH I am surprised that you are even able to run an FX chip on that board. The nVidia chipset boards really went out of style long ago. You may not be able to get it to run 1600 as the mobo is probably your limiting factor right now.

Back