• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram compatibility with my rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

hello, a friend of mine gave me a good deal on this ram, thinking of getting it but not sure if its compatible with my rig ?
i know that 2400mhz is way too much overkill for my setup, but oh well i wanna be future proof (future meaning p67\z68)

my motherboard says 1.5v memory, these are 1.65 ?

Last edited:
that ram should work fine in a sandy bridge board, if the chip wont make 2400 you can always drop the mem speed down and let it run where it may.

If it does work I would guess that it would be at a seriously lower than rated speed, but could prolly tighten the timings to really nice as well. Not really too familiar with 775 boards though

i don't mind the lower speed, as long as the ram won't give me problems with my current oc and my pc turn on of course

Last edited:
i got the rams, all is good except i have a question, the ram is rated at 1.65 and buy my motherboard can't do 1.65, it can do 1.64 and 1.66,which do you think is best?

This is PSC based kit. Anything up to 1.7V is "safe". Running on P67/Z68 you can try for example 2133 1.6V on the same timings.
It makes no difference if you set 1.64 or 1.66V. You can try even lower voltage and check if it's stable.

im not very experienced with ram overclocking, due to my cpu fsb and oc, my ram can't go higher than 1460mhz so that means i should go lower voltage, but how low, i don't know...
btw does lower timings need higher voltage?

Back