• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very Pleased with Logitech

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChanceCoats123

d20 in a jacket
My G5 recently started having some clicking issues, where the button would stick on the left mouse. Obviously just a sign of being nearly three years old and having been used quite a bit. I got a support ticket going on Logitech's website (pretty easy to do) and expected the usual runaround on responses. Same day, I got an email: "Steps to try, if you're still unsatisfied, fill out this information and your RMA will be processed... Oh and by the way, the G5 isn't made anymore, so we'll send you the much better G500 instead."

I figured, it's not a big deal, I'll ship this mouse back in and get then new one sent to me. Email this morning: "Your mouse is in the mail, and you can keep the old one. Thanks for staying with Logitech."

Total time for RMA processing: 2 business days
Happiness of Chance: 10 out of 10

I'm glad that some companies still back their products with a support team that actually speaks understandable English, is timely and doesn't make you jump through hoops to get your product fixed. BIG time recommendation by me, for Logitech after this one.

I had the same thing happen with a new G500 mouse from them, as well. It makes a high frequency squeal when the mouse isn't moving. Even though this is a known issue, they sent me another one and told me to keep my (new) G500 as well. :shrug:

WTF!?

I tried to get my 3 month old Performance MX RMA'd and got the run around.

At first they stated they'd send me a mouse to use (Cheapo) while mine was in transit back and forth...

Couple days later I get another E-mail telling me that there has been a policy change and that they no longer ship out loaners.

If I want to continue with the RMA... I have to send mine in and wait for them to return another one.

What a crock.

Convicted, that sucks. :( There wasn't even talk of sending my mouse in. It was just this will be your RMA replacement and oh yeah, keep the old one too.

Well... I'm glad they treated you guys OK.

Just makes me wonder what the heck the deal is... I was very polite and jumped through all of their hoops with no questions asked.

Eh well...

Well... I'm glad they treated you guys OK.

Just makes me wonder what the heck the deal is... I was very polite and jumped through all of their hoops with no questions asked.

Eh well...

This is when I wish we had a rep. from basically every major manufacturer on the site. These issues are so easy to fix when you have connections.

Also a happy RMA customer here. Had an MX518 that kept dropping (it was quite old by then) and needing to be replugged. It was replaced with a G400, got to keep the MX518 as a paperweight.

Sounds so far like a bad experience with Logitech is just an isolated event. I would definitely keep buying Logitech parts. :thup:

Yep... I guess maybe I was just expecting too much with hoping they'd stick to the agreement the guy had already discussed.

Either way... I'm glad to hear so many have had good experiences. No company is perfect and there are always going to be some mistakes / balls dropped somewhere. Seems the ball just landed on my head this time! LOL

Hearing all the good stories here... I'll continue to buy Logitech stuff.

logitech is the best ....I go through headsets like crazy just a phone call and I get my new one within 3 days one of the few companies that you can actually count on for honoring their warranty and i never fail to recommend their products to friends and family because they are fast and stand behind their product

fraud at times causes them to be a bit more strict because people are taking advantage of the system to try to get free stuff and it ruins the ease for the regular customers

either way if you get a bad rep I would just hang up and call back some reps can be a pita

+1. Not just with Logitech, but with any company. Sometimes you get a rep who just got off the phone with a computer using idiot (as I politely like to call the electronically challenged users) after a couple hours of "Unplug and plug back in. Did you restart?"

Getting a nice rep can make a huge difference.

logitech is the best ....I go through headsets like crazy just a phone call and I get my new one within 3 days one of the few companies that you can actually count on for honoring their warranty and i never fail to recommend their products to friends and family because they are fast and stand behind their product

fraud at times causes them to be a bit more strict because people are taking advantage of the system to try to get free stuff and it ruins the ease for the regular customers

either way if you get a bad rep I would just hang up and call back some reps can be a pita

My experience with them was just the opposite a few years ago with a pair of bluetooth headphones. The transmitter quit working and when I called them up they wanted me to fax the damn invoice to them. I did so and never heard back from them after either.:mad: So I don't buy any more headphones from them now. If they can't get with the times and take a scanned invoice then there are other companies to deal with.

I just dealt with them, and I have to say that it was an overall A+. I couldn't find my receipt for my G5, but that didn't matter anyway because it was 3 years old. Aside from that they gave me a coupon for 50% off of whatever in their store. Pretty decent if you ask me, especially when it was over 3 years and they really didn't have to do anything

My experience with them was just the opposite a few years ago with a pair of bluetooth headphones. The transmitter quit working and when I called them up they wanted me to fax the damn invoice to them. I did so and never heard back from them after either.:mad: So I don't buy any more headphones from them now. If they can't get with the times and take a scanned invoice then there are other companies to deal with.

They accept scanned receipts and invoices now. ;) That's how I did mine since I had a BestBuy receipt for the G5. :thup:

I just dealt with them, and I have to say that it was an overall A+. I couldn't find my receipt for my G5, but that didn't matter anyway because it was 3 years old. Aside from that they gave me a coupon for 50% off of whatever in their store. Pretty decent if you ask me, especially when it was over 3 years and they really didn't have to do anything

That's pretty nice since you were out of the warranty period. I'm liking this company more and more. :D

Ps. I got the mouse today, and it is teh sexxors compared to the G5. :drool:

Back