• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin PC3-12800 and Core i3 - How m I lookin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deltanine

Howdy all 1st post here! :D

Question: How am I lookin on this overclock?

I setup this system about a year ago... spent some time getting it to where I thought it was running best and has been trouble free since.

BUT I'm curious to here from you guys... anything that could be better? Was thinking about picking up another 4gigs of this RAM but its tough to find... any newer 8gig kits you'd recommend for speed at a good price?

Cheers!

Core i3 530
Gigabyte H55 USB3 Mobo
Mushkin 996805 - 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 6-8-6-24
Using onboard graphics (not a gaming rig)
40G SSD for windows / apps
600 Gig WD Black
MAudio Firewire Audiophile soundcard (it IS a stereo rig!)

Attachments

• screenie.jpg
    screenie.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
This might help legibility

Attachments

• cpu1.jpg
    cpu1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 67
  • cpu2.jpg
    cpu2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 67
  • cpu3.jpg
    cpu3.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 66
Looks good to me! If you have the cooling room, crank the volts and multiplier up a bit :D
My i3 540 did 4.7ghz on air and 1.4v, i3 5xx chips are pretty wild.

janas: thanks for the feedback - I have never Prime95'd it but its been running trouble free for a year now... seems to be stable

bobnova: I was really impressed with the headroom in the i3 chip... sweet! Thanks for the tip - I might try jackin up the voltage and multiplier... plenty of cooling room thanks to a massive noctua heatsink!

Are these RAM sticks maxed out?

Only way to tell if the ram is maxed out is to try for higher ram speeds and see what happens!

Back