• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios settings Asus M4N68T-M-V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dr.gonzo!

Registered
I have watched some videos about adjusting the ram in the bios but I need some help navigating this as my BIOS does not look like anything on the videos.

Motherboard M4N68T-M-V2
Ram 8GB DDR3-1600 cl7-8-7-24 1.6v

Everything in the bios is set to auto, but I doubt its running at 1600. :shrug:

Here is a CPU-Z shot

cpuzshot.png

In the bios I see this. I am assuming I should set this to 800 since 800x2= 1600.:shrug: Reason I ask is all the other videos their computers just said flat out 1600Mhz and did not make you do the math but... whatever.

imag0264.jpg

Then this one is the part where I guess I am supposed to select both and then in the sub menu, set it to cl7-8-7-24 as my ram states as opposed to the ridiculous cpu-z shot of cl11-11-11-28 that I am currently running :shrug:

imag0265.jpg

and finnaly put the ram voltage at 1.6

Sounds pretty self explanatory but I are a noob and are scared :facepalm:

Welp I went ahead and changed some stuff so far it's not giving me any trouble.

crt.png

2 things I am not sure about though.

1: I could not find a setting for the command rate

2: the voltage would not go at even increments so instead of 1.6, I set it to 1.605. Hopefully that five thousandths of a volt will not kill me dead.:chair:

The BIOS for your board doesn't offer timing adjustment options, hence no way to adjust the Command Rate. And setting the DRAM voltage to 1.605V for RAM rated at 1.60V is fine.

Back