• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 970 + Corsair Dominator GT 12GB Triple Channel DDR3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Swaziboy

Hi Folks

Note: this query is NOT about fixing my MW3 issues :)

soooo, I recently purchased MW3 and noticed some stuttering during the gameplay which I thought was odd given the rig I have.

During my ongoing diagnosis I suddenly got all paranoid about two things: RAM timings and my HDD speed. I would like to ask the intelligent masses about the former as I am a little rusty.

Please see the attached screens of CPU-Z for the m/b, RAM, and timing settings I am currently running. Are these correct, and more importantly are there better settings I could be running?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 317
  • Mainboard.PNG
    Mainboard.PNG
    38.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Memory.PNG
    Memory.PNG
    39.1 KB · Views: 249
  • SPD.PNG
    SPD.PNG
    41.7 KB · Views: 276
Right now, you're running at 1066-CL7. You should be running at almost double that speed.

You have to go into your BIOS and enable Intel XMP, or manually enter in the speed and timings that you see in the XMP-2000 column.

At the current BCLK of 133 the closest you can get to the RAMs rated DDR3-2000 frequency is DDR3-1862 (133 x 14).

Thanks for your input guys, good to know I was poking in the right places. I made the changes to the memory timings manually as the Intel XMP settings only went up one notch to the 609MHz settings.

Here are my new CPU-Z caps - interesting that the memory timing changes also changed some CPU timings automagically. Thoughts?

Attachments

• cpu.PNG
    cpu.PNG
    45.1 KB · Views: 206
  • memory.PNG
    memory.PNG
    30.1 KB · Views: 204
If they are set on Auto in your BIOS then they will increase automatically to fit their rated timings (or at least they should -- and did).

Well, first off thanks to everyone for your input and advice, it has been great dusting off the cobwebs and getting back into this. I am off on vacation soon, so will have time to bust out the research online for further analysis.

Onto my next request - anyone have any good iometer profiles for measuring local disk performance? I have looked at the storagereview.com for this information, but not in much detail.

I have two 250GB SATA2 WD drives (model escapes me right now) in a RAID0 array which I do not believe is performing adequately. Note the drives are on the onboard SATA3 controller on the m/b - so not true RAID performance expectations.

Any input on iometer profile and expected performance numbers would be great.

Thanks again.

to clarify - these are Sata II drives on a SATA III onboard controller. The SATA III controller is the Marvel 9128. Specs and info here.

I missed the "3" in "Classified 3". I would connect the drives via the ICH10R controller (SATA 2) instead of the Marvell controller (SATA 3).

Back