• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin PC2700 Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toomnymods

Got me a stick of Mushkin Pc2700 today with the heatspreaders already on it from thier factory.. About how good of a o/c can i expect from this ram?? and what ram timings should i try for?? I'm using this ram on a Epox 8K7A+
Thanks

With the appropriate voltage going to it, you should probably be able to crank it up from 333 to close to 400, just by my estimation. I have PC2100 overclocked to close to PC2700, a 25% increase. You should be able to get a similar gain from yours.

Damn bender that rocks... Well this ram came with the spreaders on it from Fry's got it for 117.00 not bad for kick *** ram.. Can you post what harddrive your using and if ur using a network card, modem etc? and your ram settings.. I'm still trying to figure out why my mobo will not go over 154 fsb..
Thanks man

Mushkin at 408Mhz

I received my Mushkin PC2700 from Newegg on Tuesday last week and it's some pretty damn good memory. I have a Epox 4BDA+2 with a 1.6A Woodie at 2.45Ghz and memory running at 408Mhz 2.5-3-3 @ 2.7v. Sandra memory scores average 3050/3065 The Mushkin that I have has Samsung memory chips.

Robert

The 185 FSB was on an Epox 8K7A with ram at 333 timing 2.8-2.9 V? I think. I use a cheep wal-mart special dlink NIC. I have seen a lot of people using this nic with great succses at high FSB speeds. I cant wait to try this ram out in my 8KHA+ if it ever gets here.

I'm having problems with data corrupting and frequent lockups over 150 fsb.. i cant get to 166 for nuthing, wish i could.. then i could take use of that damn 1/5 pci divider. Ohh how I wish they wouldve added this damn divider at 149mhz and not 166 Any one know a good harddrive that isnt affected by insane fsb speeds... I have 5 Ibm deskstars and every one of these damn things wont go over 152.. :mad:
thanks

toomnymods said:
I'm having problems with data corrupting and frequent lockups over 150 fsb.. i cant get to 166 for nuthing, wish i could.. then i could take use of that damn 1/5 pci divider. Ohh how I wish they wouldve added this damn divider at 149mhz and not 166 Any one know a good harddrive that isnt affected by insane fsb speeds... I have 5 Ibm deskstars and every one of these damn things wont go over 152.. :mad:
thanks

umm..... have u tried running at 166? if there is a 1/5 pci divisor that kicks in there it would solve your high fsb hard drive problem so the only things that could cause problems there would be either the ram or cpu...

Yes I've tried running there with a bunch of diffrent things changed in the bios.. Tried disabaling Udma for the cd roms and harddrives, tried uing only 2X instead of 4X, Disabled fast writes ( video card), set my ram settings to 16-8-8-3-3-3-3 (think it's that.. didnt check the bios.. working from memory, hehe.. Is thier any programs you guys know of that you can install and it will allow you to overclock the cpu/ram and set the pci devices to stock and not allow thier mhz to change as you go higher on the o/c?
Thanks

i guess IBM doesn't like insane PCI speed?!!

'cos i also have 2 IBM 60GXP in both of my XP rigs. the highest i could manage is 152-153MHz FSB.

heard Maxtor and WD could do better w/ insane PCI speed than IBM. u might want to give it a try, Toomny.

i might also try it when i have time later on........

Back