• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Integrated GPU And Dedicated GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Divey

Registered
(specs in sig)

I recently put this system together and was wondering if both the IGPU and GPU are working in parallel? I have noticed that both show up on the computer. I thought I have heard that I can disable the IGPU and just use the dedicated GPU. Is there any extra performance keeping it enabled. Been playing BF3 a lot lately on ultra settings and it has had no problems at all. Is this because of both in use. I did a benchmark using 3DMark06 and scored over 25K. Is this because of both working together. I know my card is not the greatest but it is performing better than I thought so I thought maybe both are working as one. Any insight on this subject would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Terry

I don't exactly know how that LucidVirtu thingy goes, but I think that it was something like, instead of using a 2D profile, it uses the IGP and turns off the GPU. Some kind of low power solution.

Give your motherboard manual a deep read and look for info.

So that's what Lucid Virtu is. That makes sense now. I will definitely read up on it.
Thanks

Back