• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston 2x4Gb 1600Mhz RAM issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bvdub

Hello guys!

First of all, sorry if my questions are obvious, I'm not really familiar with this field yet. :)

So I have a little issue with my computer.

I have a P8P67 mb, with an Intel 2500k processor, and a Kingston 2x4GB HyperX XMP Blu DDR3 1600MHz CL9 KIT memory.

My problem is that the system runs only in 1333Mhz. As soon as I change it to 1600Mhz, the system become completely unstable, and it freezes in different intervals. I tried to use the recommenned timings (9-9-9-27), which are set up automatically when i turn on XMP profile in the BIOS (i tried to set it up manually, didn't help). In 1600Mhz the DRAM voltage is 1,65, in 1333Mhz it's 1,5V. The CPU voltage is around 1,2V in both settings.

Do you have any ideas what's wrong here? :)

Edit: I updated my BIOS, nothing changed. I also ran memory tests, but nothing revealed.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
With the timings set to 9-9-9-27 and the DRAM voltage set to 1.65V at DDR3-1600, adjust the VCCIO voltage to 1.125-1.15V.
I also ran memory tests, but nothing revealed.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but does Memtest86+ pass without errrors?

That's what I meant. :)

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna try that out when I'm at home and I will post the results :)

I did what you told me. Prime95 was running for an hour without any problem, but as soon as i started playing with a game the system freezed, and the motherboard gave me a large, continous beep noise :))

Any other suggestions?

Fill out this BIOS template for the P8P67 w/ all of your current Prime stable settings. Replace the settings in the template w/ your own...
Code:
Ai Tweaker
Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK/PCIE Frequency: 100.0
Turbo Ratio: By All Cores
By All Cores: 48
Internal PLL Voltage: Disabled
Memory Frequency: 
DRAM Timing Control: 
EPU Power Saving MODE: Disabled

Ai Tweaker\\ CPU Power Management >
CPU Ratio: Auto
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
Long Duration Power Limit: Auto
Long Duration Maintained: Auto
Short Duration Power Limit: Auto
Additional Turbo Voltage: Auto
Primary Plane Current Limit: Auto

Ai Tweaker (in the DIGI+ VRM section)
Load-Line Calibration: Ultra High
VRM Frequency: Manual
VRM Fixed Frequency Mode: 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Control: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 140%
CPU Voltage: Offset Mode
Offset Mode Sign: +
CPU Offset Voltage: 0.040V
DRAM Voltage: 
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Enabled

Advanced\\ CPU Configuration >
CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Active Processor Cores: All
Limit CPUID Maximum: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology: Disabled
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3 Report: Disabled
CPU C6 Report: Disabled
... and w/ CPU-Z open to the CPU tab monitor the Vcore while running Prime, and the core temp's using either Real Temp or Core Temp. Then post the results in this thread.

Back