• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory holding me back

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, Sandra is a good one to test. or...SETI, of course :D

to isolate the problem, if ur XP is unlocked. try to lower the multiplier and up the memory to the known CPU stable speed and see if it's stable. or if u can have other system that u know it's doing better, then put the memory in, and see if it could match the speed....

that's what i would do. :rolleyes:

If what you have in your dimm is not ram, then I'm nothing but impressed if you can even run the sandra memory benchmark... hehe

Ely

ThePunkGeek said:
anyone know any good test i can run to make sure its ram?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets see, put it in the pci slot. wont fit? then its not a modem or something. wont fit in agp slot? not a video card. wont fit in socket? its not a cpu! fits in dimm slot? maybe its still not ram. hehehe.........I cant stop laughing! load something on that "ram" and turn off your computer. if the data goes away, guess its ram :)

overclockers550

Ouchhh... Checked your profile man, you've got an average of 23,8 post every day... How do you do that!!!!

Sick man...

Ely

Aside from his horrible wording, this is actually a good question. How can you test to figure out what is holding you back when you are overclocking?

I generall pull all my cards out that I dont need for the system to run, and the cd-drives and floppy (prob doesnt make a diff. its just what I do) so then you are left with the main HD and your video card and your memory. If you have an unlocked chip you can lower the FSB and push up the multip to find out if the cpu can handle the speed. If it can then go back to the multi that you want to use, and slowly increase your FSB to the max speed that you know your CPU can do. Then If you BSOD (blue screen of death) it will generally tell you that it was the Hard drive or the ram. Lower untill you get it stable. Then put your cards back in one at a time and run to check for stability. If you crash after putting in your NIC (which is common, dont like high FSB) then you know the problem. So it either needs to be replaced or FSB lowered.

elysium said:
overclockers550

Ouchhh... Checked your profile man, you've got an average of 23,8 post every day... How do you do that!!!!

Sick man...

Ely

ask Yondums, im sure he can explain it better :)

Re: Re: memory holding me back

Overclocker550 said:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets see, put it in the pci slot. wont fit? then its not a modem or something. wont fit in agp slot? not a video card. wont fit in socket? its not a cpu! fits in dimm slot? maybe its still not ram. hehehe.........I cant stop laughing! load something on that "ram" and turn off your computer. if the data goes away, guess its ram :)

lol ok so i can't write very good don't make fun :p

Overclocker550 said:

ask Yondums, im sure he can explain it better :)

Ok, he beats you big time man. 41 posts each day is REALLY sick. I'm impressed!

Bøyer meg i støvet! as I would say in Norwigan

Ely

Back