• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kg7-raid + Pc????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlbewick

Registered
Helloooooooo....

Will the ABIT KG7-RAID support PC2400 to PC2700 DDR? Sure I could buy the Crucial PC2100 but, I want to be sure to hit at least 170 to 180 (340 to 360 DDR).
I'm sure Crucial PC2400 would be fine if the mobo will support it.

Tried some OCZ PC3000, worst memory I've ever seen!!:mad:

Also, I do not want ECC but, would registered (buffered) give me
better performance freeing up the northbride chipset load?

Welcome to the Fourms.

We have heard alot about how poor OCZ memory is. yes there it no reason PC2400 ram wouldn't work in your board. Crucial makes some high class ram and you would be happy with its performace. to hit an FSB of 180 you would most likly have to lower you multiplier

good luck

Hello and Welcome to the forums. Here is a site to bookmark . It is an informative FAQ about the KG7. Yes it will support that memory. I did not know that Crucial had 2400 memory. The other memory you mentioned AFAIK is just 2100 that is tested at the higher speed. And no you do not want buffered or ECC if want to get your FSB up that high.

Back