• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Intel Processor Registration?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amnesiac

Got my 2500K couple of days ago. Now i have registered myself on Intel's website but i cant find a place to register it. Is it there or am i demanding too much?.

why do you want to register it? never looked into doing that, though i know I have seen postcards with instructions to sign up or register. never bothered.

why do you want to register it?

Aren't we all supposed to register our computer parts?.

Motherboard: Registered.

Hard Disk: Registered.

Keyboard and Mouse: Registered.

GPU: Registered.

Yup some parts need not to be. Is Processor one of them :D?.

Any more reasons?.

I've never "registered" any PC Component that I can recall. I did register my Ready-NAS box to make sure I get e-mail updates on firmwares and such, but I don't see the benifit (or need) to do this for a CPU or most PC Components?

Your warranty is valid w/o any type of "registration" (goes for GPU's, MoBo's, HD's & Mice as well), so unless you just want to give out your contact info to be sold to 3rd parties, I'd likely pass :) . The Retailer has your contact info from the purchase, but the Manufacturer needs a "gimmick" to get your info. Seems like "registration" is nothing more than a way for the manufacturer to be able to send you spam (in addition to the retailer you bought from ;) ).

:cool:

I've never "registered" any PC Component that I can recall. I did register my Ready-NAS box to make sure I get e-mail updates on firmwares and such, but I don't see the benifit (or need) to do this for a CPU or most PC Components?

Your warranty is valid w/o any type of "registration" (goes for GPU's, MoBo's, HD's & Mice as well), so unless you just want to give out your contact info to be sold to 3rd parties, I'd likely pass :) . The Retailer has your contact info from the purchase, but the Manufacturer needs a "gimmick" to get your info. Seems like "registration" is nothing more than a way for the manufacturer to be able to send you spam (in addition to the retailer you bought from ;) ).

:cool:

I dont get any spam until unless i tick a box to let them send me some.

Guess the issue is resolved.

They can sell their list to a 3rd party, and you would never know why you are getting spam from some company you've never dealt with. I am too paranoid I guess to give out my info unless there is direct benefit.

RE: I.M.O.G. - Exactly. The manufacturer isn't likely to spam you directly (can certainly happen). They can make a quick buck by selling your info to 3rd parties like everyone and their mom does. Even if they state otherwise when "registering", all it takes is a small change to the terms of service and your info is ready to be sold w/o your direct consent...

I dont get any spam until unless i tick a box to let them send me some.

Guess the issue is resolved.

Yep - No need to register. Case closed :thup:

Back